Assistant Construction Superintendent
At D+H Construction, we build innovative projects, lasting client relationships, and strong careers for our team. Founded in 1981, we are a mid-sized, established general contractor. Our work includes new construction and rehabilitation of multi-family affordable housing for top nonprofit developers in the Bay Area.
Why Work Here?
- Join an elite team with direct access to firm leaders.
- We are established, yet growing.
- Our clients are mostly nonprofit developers driving to expand affordable housing in the Bay Area.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- We aim to create an inclusive, respectful environment.
A D+H Assistant Construction Superintendent is someone who assists and supports the Superintendent in the successful completion of assigned projects by coordinating field operations for self-performed and subcontracted trades. You will:
- Assist in maintaining a clean, orderly, safe job site.
- Supervise and coordinate installation of self-performed and subcontractor work.
- Track daily progress of work and the scheduled delivery dates for all material and equipment.
- Organize, distribute, and manage all construction documents for field office.
- Track and coordinate change order work with subcontractors.
- Assist in production and management of the three-week look ahead schedules.
- Organize inspections, permits, and occupancy approval documents for closeout and help with creating the As-built Drawings.
- Implement and enforce safety compliance program with all on-site personnel.
- Complete Daily Job Log.
- Conduct and implement D+H pre-punch correction and architect’s punch list of corrections.
- Maintain good working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to managing complex projects and be personable, proactive, and organized. You will have:
- A four-year degree or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Prior experience as a construction foreman or an equivalent role.
- A thorough knowledge of construction systems, materials, procurement processes, code compliance, and safety protocols.
- Proficiency with reading blueprints and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Bluebeam, and Procore construction management software is a plus.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated strong and resourceful problem-solving abilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
Must be local to the San Francisco Bay Area and able to commute to and work from job sites. No relocation assistance will be offered.