At D+H Construction, we build innovative projects, lasting client relationships, and strong careers for our team. Founded in 1981, we are a mid-sized, established general contractor. Our work includes new construction and rehabilitation of multi-family affordable housing for top nonprofit developers in the Bay Area.
Why Work Here?
- Join an elite team with direct access to firm leaders.
- We are established, yet growing.
- Our clients are mostly nonprofit developers driving to expand affordable housing in the Bay Area.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- We aim to create an inclusive, respectful environment.
A D+H Construction Superintendent is someone who provides on-site supervision and technical management for multi-family projects. You will:
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, and document daily on-site activities.
- Understand all plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Identify and help resolve conflicts with contract documents, unforeseen conditions, and all other construction issues impacting schedule and cost.
- Generate RFIs, review submittals, complete daily logs, conduct safety meetings, and update overall and look ahead schedules.
- Maintain a safe and clean jobsite.
- Assist with construction schedules, meeting minutes, and change orders.
- Interface with client and their representatives, architect, inspectors, other contractors.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to managing complex projects and be personable, proactive, and organized. You will have:
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Minimum of five years construction management and/or supervision experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of construction systems, materials, procurement processes, code compliance, and safety measures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, along with strong and resourceful problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Procore construction management software is a plus.
Must be local to the San Francisco Bay Area and able to commute to and work from job sites. No relocation assistance will be offered.