Construction Project Manager
At D+H Construction, we build innovative projects, lasting client relationships, and strong careers for our team. Founded in 1981, we are a mid-sized, established general contractor. Our work includes new construction and rehabilitation of multi-family affordable housing for top nonprofit developers in the Bay Area.
Why Work Here?
- Join an elite team with direct access to firm leaders.
- We are established, yet growing.
- Our clients are mostly nonprofit developers driving to expand affordable housing in the Bay Area.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- We aim to create an inclusive, respectful environment.
A D+H Construction Project Manager is someone with the skills and experience to manage complex, multi-family construction projects. As the primary point of contact for project teams, you are expected to maintain relationships with owners, architects, consultants, and subcontractors. You will play a lead role in all phases of the project from pre-construction through closeout and warranty, and ensure that each project is completed on time and within budget by:
- Reviewing bid documents for constructability issues and scope development.
- Participating in the estimating process and lead the team from the precon phase into construction.
- Creating complex construction schedules.
- Efficiently and accurately maintaining project documentation (RFIs, submittals, change orders, minutes).
- Leading various project team members.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to managing complex projects and be personable, proactive, and organized. You will have:
- A minimum of five years of relevant project management experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of construction systems, materials, procurement processes, code compliance, and safety measures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Strong and resourceful problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Procore construction management software is a plus.
Must be local to the San Francisco Bay Area and able to visit job sites on a regular basis. Familiarity with local construction markets and contractors is a plus. No relocation assistance will be offered.